MachineArt BMW R9T Mudsling Rear Hugger
- Injection moulded not blow moulded for strength, durability and a long life.
- Uniform thickness of 3mm.
- Protects the rear shock, rear end of the bike, rider and passenger from road splash.
- Quality textured finished to OE standard.
- Discreet design fits in with R NINE T family styling.
- Fits all model variations of BMW R9T
- Easily fitted securely in seconds.
- Full fitting instructions and fittings included.
Lead time 1-2 working days.
The MudSling fits with the BMW shock, Ohlins BM440 and BM650, and other premium shocks. Installation to the Pure, Scrambler, Urban GS, and Racer models is simple using four screws to existing points on the frame.
The standard R nineT is fitted with a shock pre-load adjuster mounted to the OEM shock. To provide sufficient installation clearance, the adjuster body has to be rotated to the side by loosening, then tightening one screw. After setting the preferred pre-load position prior to installation the knob must be removed to provide sufficient clearance. The re-positioned pre-load adjustment body and shaft is still functional. Instead of using the knob, adjustments can be made with an 8mm socket or box end wrench on the end of the shaft. The procedure is explained in the Installation Instructions.