MachineArt BMW R9T Hand Guard Protectors 2014-16
The wide Safety Frame provides tough protection for rider and handlebar controls in case of tip-overs or impact with outcroppings on a narrow trail. With or without the front insert installed, the Aluminium Safety Frame covers not only the hands, but also the control levers and switches. Used by itself without the insert or adjustable shield attached the open centre permits cooling air flow. The Aluminium Safety Frame mounts to the bar end and to the handlebar with forged aluminium mounts shaped to clear control cables.
The ADVance Guards are an assembly of 3 main components:
- A wide Safety Frame with an open airflow front.
- An insert that fills the open front when snapped in.
- A Sliding Shield that is adjustable up and down to control airflow and adapt to different weather conditions.
- Fully extended vertical coverage is 142mm by adjusting the Sliding Shield into its open position. The ADVance Guards height is 100mm. Shield adjustments must be made while the bike is stationary.
- The insert and Sliding Shield are injection moulded in a resilient polymer and are easily attached or removed from the Aluminium Safety Frame.
- The main body of the ADVance Guard is also made from a resilient polymer.
Lead time on this item will be around 1-3 working days.