MachineArt BMW R9T X-Head Protectors + MudSling Combo
Save money but purchasing both of these MachineArt bike protection products together!
- Wide coverage to help protect as much of the cylinder head cover as possible.
- Extremely tough nylon polymer construction.
- The X-Head DOHC is designed to cover more of the cylinder head than other guards to protect the center during a fall. Even in a driveway drop, the force of inertia causes a roll onto the face of the cover before the bike settles onto the cylinder's edge. Between the tough nylon shell and head is an elastomeric liner to help absorb impact force.
- Stainless steel bolts with Nyloc threadlock included.
- X-Head DOHC protects while letting just enough of the new head shape to show through. The finish is a fine grained effect on the outside with the Machine Art logo and smooth on the inside.
- The X-head is designed to protect both the valve and spark plug covers.
- Includes full fitting instructions and relevant fittings
- Will only fit the 2014-2020 models
- Injection moulded not blow moulded for strength, durability and a long life.
- Uniform thickness of 3mm.
- Protects the rear shock, rear end of the bike, rider and passenger from road splash.
- Quality textured finished to OE standard.
- Discreet design fits in with R NINE T family styling.
- Fits all model variations of BMW R9T
- Easily fitted securely in seconds.
- Full fitting instructions and fittings included.
Lead time 1-2 working days.
The MudSling fits with the BMW shock, Ohlins BM440 and BM650, and other premium shocks. Installation to the Pure, Scrambler, Urban GS, and Racer models is simple using four screws to existing points on the frame.
The standard R nineT is the only model that comes with a shock pre-load adjuster mounted to the OEM shock. To provide sufficient installation clearance, the adjuster body has to be rotated to the side by loosening, then tightening one screw. After setting the preferred pre-load position prior to installation the knob must be removed to provide sufficient clearance. The re-positioned pre-load adjustment body and shaft is still functional. Instead of using the knob, adjustments can be made with an 8mm socket or box end wrench on the end of the shaft. The procedure is explained in the Installation Instructions.